WhatsApp Pay: The most awaited feature Launched
WhatsApp Pay is the most awaited feature launched in India and it will be available for both android and iOS users. This feature’s testing has been started in 2018 with over 1 million users in 2018 by WhatsApp (A Facebook-owned messaging App). And they got approval from the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI). NPCI said that it has given a nod to WhatsApp to roll out a UPI-based payment system in India.
On Launching WhatsApp Pay in India, Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook CEO and co-founder) said, ” We’ve been working on this with the National Payments Corporation of India, who oversee everything to make sure it’s secure and reliable. And we’ve built it using India’s Unified Payments Interface, which makes it easy for anyone to instantly accept payments across different apps — and for companies to provide people with great services.
He added “With UPI, India has created something truly special and is opening up a world of opportunities for micro and small businesses that are the backbone of the Indian economy. India is the first country to do anything like this. I’m glad we were able to support this effort and work together to help achieve a more digital India. I want to thank all our partners who’ve made this possible”
To enable UPI payments in India WhatsApp partnered with leading banks like ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Jio Payment Bank, and State Bank of India. And the most important thing to use this feature first of all you need a Bank Account and a debit card to send and receive payments through your bank account.
How to set up WhatsApp Pay on your phone?
- Update your WhatsApp from Play Store to get the Payments to feature in your Application.
- Open your chat on WhatsApp and click on three vertical dots in the top right corner.
Find the Payment option on the list. Click on it.
- The New Payments window opens, just click on Add new payments method
Accept and continue to proceed further.
- By clicking on accept, you will be redirected to a new window with a list of banks that have partnered with WhatsApp.
- Choose your bank from the list and verify the account through the phone number. Remember to use the number you have registered with your bank.
- Allow to let WhatsApp verify your account and send texts to Verification.
- WhatsApp will verify with your bank and set up the payment after you enter your number.
- Click done and start using WhatsApp.
How to send money from WhatsApp Pay?
- Select payee from contact you want to send money
- In the chat, click on the clip icon.
- Choose the rupee icon
- Now enter the amount you need to send along with a message if you wanted
- Enter your UPI Pin to process the payment transaction.
- You will get a confirmation message on your chat just wait for it.