Google announced recently that the online activity of new users will delete automatically in 18 months and also users can able to change and customize manually in settings.
- Google deletes the online activity of new users automatically in 18 months.
- Users can able to change this setting manually as per they preferred.
- Google keeps track of its user but now the user can able to change and customize the online activity setting.
|Google will delete User’s data like search history, location history by 18 months as per the recent announcement by Google. Something tricky in this announcement that automatic delete done only for new users within 18 months. Existing users can set this setting manually for deletion automatically.|
|It means Google will not set the setting of auto-delete for existing users who already activated it. By default 36 months will be set for auto-delete options for New users of YouTube, New account or an existing user who enable their history setting the first time.|
Below are the steps for users to monitor and change the online activity which google has Access.
1. Users should log in to their accounts and click on their profile.
2. Click on ‘Manage your Google Account’ then go to ‘Data and Personalisation’.
3. After that scroll to ‘Activity controls’ and click on ‘Web and App Activity’. Here users can find settings for customizing and change online activity as per their choice.
There was four sub option available in Web and App Activity.
–If users want to hide totally their track of activity like search history of Google and YouTube, voice and audio recording, google assistant commands, then you can turn it off.
–Check the boxes on Chrome history and activity from sites, applications, and devices that use Google services.
–Users can also set the auto-delete feature. Users can select auto-delete for activity by a period of 3 months or 18 months. Once the auto-delete option chosen, click the Next or Confirm. There was also an option of ‘Don’t auto-delete’
–Option of Manage Activity after clicking it will show users generates all data history from the time they created Account unless they discontinued it previously.
–User will see items be arranged by date so users can select the three dots manually and then they find to Delete or Details according to their choices.
–If users want to choose the activity for automatic deletion then click on the three dots on the top right side and you will find to choose the options of the last hour, last day, or all time. Users can select it for a specific time in which data to be deleted, they can also do it by selecting the custom range.